Jacobs Cohen applies knowledge to your unique business situation and guides you toward paying your “fair share” of sales and use taxes.
We are situated to help you turn state and local taxes into an opportunity for real savings. Our dedicated state and local tax practice has been the firm of choice for several Fortune 500 companies, as well as thousands of small and midsize companies.
As part of our procedures for realizing sales and use tax savings, our advisors will:
- Meet with you to review the work plan and identify locations of records
- Conduct interviews and tours of facilities to determine procedures and systems for payment of taxes
- Analyze records and source documents to identify opportunities for refunds and credits, reduce any deficiency assessments created by taxing jurisdiction’s audit and look for significant sales or use tax audit exposure
- Prepare documentation to substantiate the claim for refund or credit
- Meet with you to discuss findings and recommendations and provide a management report with recommendations for reducing future liabilities
- Represent you at administrative hearings
- Provide additional assistance, as necessary, to support you in realizing tax recoveries and future tax savings
“We believe every client is different. As such, you will receive high-touch, personalized services tailored for your specific needs; not a pre-packaged, pre-determined program that fits our needs. We take pride in giving you the assurance that the personal assistance you receive comes from years of advanced training, technical experience and financial acumen.”